Kicking off the week leading up to the 2nd annual International Women’s Day, MAX WIL’s flagship event in 2020, sponsored by McCarthy Tétrault, was dedicated to the “The Roaring 20’s”, focused on showcasing and celebrating the progress and impact women have made in the past 100 years from women’s suffrage to equality in the workplace.
1. Zabeen Hirji | Executive Advisor, Future of Work, Deloitte and Former Chief Human Resources Officer, Royal Bank of Canada
2. Haniya Sheikh | Counsel, Department of Justice (Co-Chair Islamic Heritage Month Committee with TDSB and Board Member, Silk Road Institute)
3. Zainab Walji | Partner, PwC (PwC’s Women in Leadership Partner Co-Sponsor, Inclusion Champion and Deals Diversity & Inclusion Leader)
4. Samiya Abdi | Senior Program Specialist, Public Health Ontario (Co-creator of Muslim Youth Fellowship, Aspire2Lead, Somali Gender Equality, and Famine resistors)
5. Aiza Abid | Founder, Aiza’s Teddybear Foundation (Plan International Canada’s Girls Belong Here Initiative CEO for the Day with RBC’s Dave McKay)
6. Zaynah Bhanji | Machine Learning Developer, Virtual & Augmented Reality Developer (Innovator, TKS; Digital Changemaker, CIBC Live Labs; Articulate and Technology Intern, Deloitte)
7. Toota Hassanien (Moderator) | Inclusion Now Office, McCarthy Tétrault (Former Program Manager, CivicAction’s Emerging Leaders Network),